As part of the session we use training aids to work on specific aspects of technique and fitness and you will need swim fins, pool buoy and hand paddles — the drills work much better with them! Water bottle/sports drink also recommended and if you have a tempo trainer, feel free to bring it along also.
Please arrive in time so you are ready to start (be in the pool) for 5pm. Entry to the pool is included in the cost of the session, you will need to show your booking confirmation email to reception and they will let you through. Lockers are available with a £1 coin.
NOTE: This is a fitness session aimed at swimmers able to comfortably complete a 750m continuous swim and have knowledge of common swim drills. Please attend our technique course if you are unsure of your ability.
- BTF guidance Individual training for swimming applies (read here).
- Please follow the staff and coaches guidance at all times.
- At the moment we there is no equipment so if bring your own pull buoys or paddles. Do not share equipment with other participants.
- The pool operates a one way system throughout the facility and way out through the one of the fire exits.
- There are outdoor cubicles available, lockers available, only two outdoor showers (hot).